Last weekend we went apple picking. As usualy we picked more apples than any normal household could ever consume, ever. So i decided to make some apple butter to use up a good chunk of the apples. Then i found myself with a whole bunch of apple butter…. what to do? So I found these little nuggets of deliciousness while searching online for recipes using apple butter.
Apple Butter Cupcakes
Yield: 12 Cupcakes
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup apple butter (I used this recipe for the apple butter)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tins with cupcake wrappers.
2. Whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy, then add egg and beat until well combined.
4. Stir in dry ingredients, then apple butter.
5. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool before frosting.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting (from Cupcake Project)
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2-3 cups powdered sugar
1. Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth and uniform.
2. Add cinnamon and vanilla.
3. Add powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached.